Solomon had a lot of women. The bible says:
Now King Solomon loved many foreign women, along with the daughter of Pharaoh: Moabite, Ammonite, Edomite, Sidonian, and Hittite women, (1 Kings 11:1)Now if I'm reading this correctly, and I pray that I am, Solomon literally had 1700 women in total.
from the nations concerning which the Lord had said to the people of Israel, "You shall not enter into marriage with them, neither shall they with you, for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods." Solomon clung to these in love. (1 Kings 11:2)
He had 700 wives, princesses, and 300 concubines. And his wives turned away his heart. (1 Kings 11:3)
- 700 wives
- 700 princesses
- 300 concubines
- 4 * 365 = 1460
- 1700 - 1460 = 240
- It's vile because it doesn't glorify the true and living God and breaks one of His commandments
- It's shameful because it dishonors the true and living God
- It's a detestable action, not only for the women involved but do we doubt completely that these women didn't know who Solomon's God was or is? Rebellion is a form of witchcraft.
- Their condition was hopeless because they didn't know the true and living God for the pardon of their sins nor did they care.
- The habit is hard to break and we as humans are enslaved to sin and hate God by nature; thanks to Adam's disobedience to God. Unless God saves us, we will continue to remain in that state. We thank God for the Holy Spirit for He is the one who helps & convicts us to be conformed more and more in the image of the Son; namely Jesus Christ.